plans change


This design had not been the one I intended to use for Mother's Day this year, but the two cards I had set aside for the occasion had not been safely put away and they were accidentally damaged (confession: I am not a tidy crafter). Oops. I didn't discover the offending damage until I was getting ready to drop the cards in the mailbox. Double oops! I immediately went into panic crafting mode and wracked my brain for a quick but elegant design (we were leaving early the next morning for a long weekend trip and I still had to pack!). Remembering how in love I was with this card by Heather Pulvirenti, I pulled out my punches and got to work.


The butterflies were scored on either side of their bodies (where the wings connect to the abdomen) and then I slightly bent the wings up to give the butterflies more dimension. Then I decided they needed some little antennae so I trimmed little slices off of a scrap of the guava paper. I gently bent the trimmings to give them a little bit of a curve at the top and then adhered them to the backs of the butterflies. Once the butterflies were adhered to the circles, I bent the top tips of the wings so that they lifted off of the card.

And I even remembered to photograph the inside of the card this time! I love this sentiment!


supplies used
...............
stamps: mother, polka dot basics (PTI)
ink: wild wasabi, certainly celery, chocolate chip (SU!)
paper: white (Hammermill); chocolate chip, wild wasabi, certainly celery, groovy guava (SU!)
other: 1-3/8" dia circle punch, 1-1/4" dia circle punch, 1" dia circle punch (SU!); butterfly punch (Martha Stewart); medium corner rounder (EK Success); Scor-Pal

1 comments:

Joan B said...

what a perfect card!! I may need to case this one!