raspberry suite color challenge #16


I couldn't put away that Darcey stamp set from Anna Griffin! This time I paired it with some layered butterflies on a 5 1/2" square card base.

I have multiple rolls of tracing paper left over from my studio classes in college so I used that as the top layer on the butterflies. I was aiming for a very lightweight layer that would be fluttery and give some dimension to the card. This translucent layer was punched with 1/8" holes and then attached to the cardstock butterflies by simply wrapping the floss around both components and tying it off on the back.



supplies used:
...............
stamps: darcey collection (Anna Griffin); hello stamp (Studio G/Hampton Arts)
ink: versamark; chocolate chip (SU!)
paper: cream, goldenrod (DMD Industries scrap pack); kraft (SU!); tracing paper (my stash)
other: 1/8" hole punch (Making Memories); bigz beautiful butterflies die (SU!); dark brown embroidery floss (DMS); upper crest border punch (Fiskars)

21 comments:

lynn said...

very pretty!

Craftbelle said...

Hi Amy,
Your work and blog is so clean and fresh (must be your engineering background). Really love the butterflies and the circles in your Blog Hop post. Geometric shapes are so pleasing.
Thank you for your comments on my blog.
CraftBelle ;-)

Maureen said...

love the boldness of this! fabulous butterflies!!

Chrissy said...

I see that you are also a fan of butterflies! Thank you for your kind words on my blog and let me know if you give the card stitching a try! Your butterflies are gorgeous and your card is a stunner!
thanks again,
Chrissy

Helen F. said...

Love your fabulous butterflies (and your great use of tracing paper:) Anna Griffin has such classic designs. Beautiful card!

Traveling Mama said...

I've got my mom on the hunt for this set! LOL! This card just solidifies my resolve to have it! It is GORGEOUS!!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card!!!! Love the butterflies - just fabulous! I love your design as well.
Thanks for the wonderful comments on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

The butterflies look great with the tracing paper layer... What a great idea!.... Love your card!!!

Aimes said...

This is scrummy, Amy! A real fab take on the RSCC, your layered butterflies are adorable - the translucent layer really adds to the effect of delicate butterfly wings!
Aimes
x

Joan B said...

tracing paper is a brilliant idea! perfect for wings. this card is gorgeous

Elise said...

Congratulations, Amy! These butterflies and YOUR work = WONDERFUL! Congratulations on being chosen for the spotlight! Fabulous!

jen said...

beautiful card! I love what the tracing paper adds to the butterflies! CONGRATS on being in the spotlight!!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous!! I've never thought to use tracing paper on a card, but it looks fantastic!

Chrissy said...

Amy our butterflies were a hit! Congratulations on making the spotlight and thanks again for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments for me- it really means a lot to me.
Chrissy

Winter said...

Congrats on the spotlight! :)

Lisa said...

This is a beautiful card! I love anything with butterflies. Congrats on making the spotlight!!

Chris said...

Your butterflies are so delicate and pretty! Well done on making the spotlight - I love your blog :)

Anonymous said...

So elegant and beautiful! Love it!
Thanks for sharing! Just now found your site! Look at what I've been missing!
Missy

Rose said...

Beautiful butterflies! Congrats on making the spotlight :)

Paula Pascual said...

Lovely card, well deserved spotlight!

andie said...

i just love your layered butterflies...how clever to use tracing paper! congrats on being in the spotlight! xoxo andie...